Sensitive content and imagery policy
Because we want to encourage the open sharing of knowledge on a variety of topics, we do not allow content or imagery that is non-consensual, dehumanizing, or content that promotes, encourages, provides instruction for, or is the glorification of harm or cruelty, to people or animals.
Content that falls under this category includes (but is not limited to):
- Non-consensual imagery – photos or videos of an individual in the nude, or sexually suggestive in nature, that have been taken or distributed without their knowledge or consent.
- Sexually Explicit Material – material that is explicitly sexual, pornographic, prurient, or lascivious in nature.
- Imagery of victims – the lurid or gratuitous sharing of photos or videos depicting victims of violent acts, including but not limited to torture, mutilation, or dismemberment.
- Hateful imagery – imagery or symbols used in a manner that dehumanizes, mocks, or contributes to an atmosphere of harassment, intimidation, as well as indirect threats against an individual or community on the basis of their actual or perceived ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or held religious beliefs.
- Mocking content – targeted content that overtly makes fun of, jeers at, or treats other users with contempt in a manner that could reasonably be interpreted as causing harm.
- Content glorifying harm - content that is the celebration or praise of acts of harm or violence committed against or befalling a person or group of people.
- Self-harm – content or imagery that promotes, encourages, provides instructions for, or glorifies suicidal or self-injurious behaviors, including unhealthy undereating or overeating, and unhealthy amounts of exercise. Read more in our Self-harm and suicide policy.