What are the benefits/advantages of using Jenkins over Hudson for a small private business?
Jenkins is better Because
- most users moving on to Jenkins, as well as other adoption metrics indicating clear shift in the userbase.
- the Hudson team has moved to develop Jenkins. So you can trust our expertise and the the passion to keep pushing the software forward.
- a large number of plugin authors have chosen to support their plugins on Jenkins. So you can expect bug fixes and new improvements to them from Jenkins.
- we'll make incremental iterative improvements to the code.
- the community supports us.
- well maintained documents. (Credits: Martin Lee)
Few more noticeable points are (from StackOverflow)
- Hudson/Jenkins is the product of a single genius intellect - Kohsuke Kawaguchi. Because of that, it's consistent, coherent, and rock solid. (By Jonik)
- Oracle now owns hudson and Jenkins is open-source. Both are MIT Licensed. Describing one as open-source and the other as other-than-open-source is misleading. They're free software (By pb2q)
- Hudson/Jenkins is all about the plugins. Plugin developers have moved to Jenkins and so should we, the users. (By Tim Fulmer)