From a CI pipeline I would like to be able to do the following.
- Launch a droplet of a specific cpu/ram configuration with metadata to run a specific container image on start up
- have the droplet run a single container on startup
- pass environment variables into the container that will be launched
- tag the droplet with a specific tag so that DO LB starts sending it traffic
- the droplet will never be modified after it is launched. When a new version of the app code is deployed a new droplet will be launched pointing to a new container to run at startup.
I know how do all the above using Kubernetes but I am specifically looking for a non k8s solution. Questions about the questions above.
- Are the above steps possible on Digital Ocean?
- Can the steps above be completed with the
doctlcli from within a pipeline?
There is on digital-ocean tag but I don't have enough reputation to create one