Side note: best is to establish fact why a meme is a meme e.g. more than 10K Google query results?
- "Wall of Confusion" from https://www.slideshare.net/littleidea/agile-infrastructure-velocity-09
- C.A.M.S. from https://blog.chef.io/2010/07/16/what-devops-means-to-me/
- "10+ deploys per day" from https://www.slideshare.net/jallspaw/10-deploys-per-day-dev-and-ops-cooperation-at-flickr/ and https://youtu.be/LdOe18KhtT4
- I.C.E. from http://radar.oreilly.com/2015/01/devops-keeps-it-cool-with-ice.html
- "CI Theatre" from https://www.gocd.org/2017/05/16/its-not-CI-its-CI-theatre.html
There are some horrible memes pushed by vendors worth mentioning.
WARNING: Bad memes to use for explaining DevOps (traps for young players) -
- "BI-Modal IT" by Gartner - criticised by Jez Humble here: https://continuousdelivery.com/2016/04/the-flaw-at-the-heart-of-bimodal-it/
- "Multi-Speed IT" by Accenture https://www.accenture.com/us-en/insight-calibrating-multi-speed-it - (same as bimodal, but different name because of copyright - asked about here - What is good and/or bad about Accenture's Multi-speed IT approach to DevOps?
- "The Three Ways" by Gene Kim https://itrevolution.com/the-three-ways-principles-underpinning-devops/ - the comments on the article include plenty of criticism