- CIS provides benchmarks for hardening OS on AWS
- CIS also provides images which meet their own benchmarks above
- These CIS images are available here - https://www.cisecurity.org/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-cis-hardened-images/
I have 2 questions:
- The pricing of these images says its $130/year (for software + AWS usage): Does this mean running costs of EC2 are also covered in this pricing? Also, is this pricing per instance? So if we need to use 100 instances, should we pay 13K per year?
- Are there scripts available to "perform" these hardening tasks on the OS (to meet CIS hardening standards)?