I have a 3-node kubernetes cluster with 3
n1-standard-1 :1 vCPU, 3,75 Go RAM, in a gcloud projet. Recently, I ran a test that created quite a few jobs (about 150). Half the jobs were running an hello world script, the other half were failing due to configuration error, and those jobs kept retrying by restarting new pods.
In my console I observed the following graph:
It seems that my cluster is capped at 3% of maximum utilization, if I read the units correctly. What bothers me is that in my test, the amount of pods/utilisation should not be constant, so I was not expecting the utilization to be a flat line like this.
Also, I noticed about about 30 pods were in unschedulable state, so my initial thought was that I reached maximum utilization of the instance.
It is clear now that my test is too poorly designed, so I cannot conclude about maximum utilization so far.