Provisioning a 1 GB Redis cache service on AWS takes around 8 minutes. Doing the same on Azure takes around 16 minutes. Ours Terraform scripts need the call back from the Redis systems. Why is this taking so long and how can we make this process faster for immutable infrastructure?
- ideally, we would like to create related infra less than 4 minutes
- some tests even take longer 8 and 16 minutes are the averages
- we are using a managed Redis service by cloud providers.
- Doing manually also takes that much time to complete it. Infrastructure gets set up but the Redis is not usable for Terraform or X.
- This happens in any random account in cloud providers with or without Terraform