So, I'm trying to install PiHole on an LXC container, on a remote server. However it's not resolving my queries.
Here are things which I'm sure of:
- PiHole has been installed successfully.
- It is able to resolve my DNS queries from within the container and from within the host, blocking all the ads.
- I'm able to access the web frontend.
- I stopped the dnsmasq and systemctl-reloaded service on the host.
- I've forwarded ports 80, 443 and 53, to inside the container.
Here is the output for netstat on the host.
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:\* LISTEN 17229/sshd tcp6 0 0 :::4711 :::\* LISTEN 31968/lxd tcp6 0 0 :::80 :::\* LISTEN 21138/lxd tcp6 0 0 :::53 :::\* LISTEN 12230/lxd tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::\* LISTEN 17229/sshd tcp6 0 0 :::443 :::\* LISTEN 11735/lxd udp 4608 0 0.0.0.0:68 0.0.0.0:\* 7755/dhclient
What is not working:
DNS queries from outside are not reaching the LXC
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Is there any other port which needs to be opened? Or any other configuration which I'm missing?
Any help or ways to debug the problem will be appreciated!