We have defined what ChatOps is in the form of the following question:
Practically it means something very different to each team using it. So much so that Atlassian have put together what could be considered to be a Chat maturity model.
- Sputnik: Trying chat out to see how it works.
- Mercury: Starting to move to chat.
- Gemini: Chat as the primary source of communication, experimenting with bots.
- Apollo: Chat as the nexus of communication and work, including bots.
- Elon Musk: Chat is the primary centre of mission critical work.
What other books and resources are available that describe the people, process and tools used to implement ChatOps within an organisation.