What is the best git solution for java code development? Make my own git server? Developers (Linux, Mac, Windows) are working on their local computers, then they are using my own git server.
Would Jenkins with Maven be a better solution? What is the benefit?
I would like to find the best, lean, and simplest solution for our develop team. Here is some info:
- Team of about 10 developers.
- Everybody has their own LOCAL (windows, mac, linux), and their own IDE.
- My conception is, that I have 3 servers, 1st for DEV, 2nd for TEST and 3rd for PRODUCTION.
- Every server has own git environment, as I mentioned above.
- Process should be from LOCAL -> DEV (check by lead developer), then from DEV -> TEST (check by customer), then from TEST -> PRODUCTION.
- And this is question if is Jenkins / Maven useful, or only git is sufficient.