Azure DevOps provides unlimited private Git hosting, cloud build for continuous integration, agile planning (issues, Kanban, Scrum, dashboards) along with release management for continuous delivery to the cloud and on-premises. Azure DevOps has a powerful set of collaboration tools to support your DevOps team on every platform with IDE support in Eclipse, IntelliJ, XCode and Visual Studio.
Azure DevOps is the home for your project data in the cloud. Regardless of which platform or OS you target, get up and running in minutes on our cloud infrastructure without having to install or configure a single server. Set up an environment that includes everything from hosted Git repos and project tracking tools, to continuous integration and an IDE, all packaged up in a monthly per-user plan. Connect to your project in the cloud using your favorite development tool, such as Visual Studio, Eclipse or Xcode. Azure DevOps also hosts several cloud-only services for developers and development teams like cloud build, cloud load testing, and Application Insights. Find out more here.
- Boards (Agile Tools) – Kanban boards, Backlogs, Scrum boards
- Analytics (Reporting) – Dashboards, widgets, Power BI
- Repos (Source control)
- Build Pipelines (Continuous Integration) – link builds to test results, work items, code and releases. Hosted build agents, multi-platform for Windows, Mac and Linux, automated builds and diagnostics.
- Release Pipelines (Release Management) – automate deployments, manual/automated gates for approval workflows, audit trails, extend and customize workflows with Jenkins, Docker, Redgate and more.
- Azure Test Plans – load testing, continuous testing, manual testing, exploratory testing, user acceptance testing, Unit testing and IDE.
- Marketplace – extensions: pipeline tasks, dashboard widgets.
- Tools for Java Teams
- Azure Artifacts (Package Management)
- Enterprise ready
Azure DevOps is completely free for open-source projects, and free with (new) generous limits for individuals and teams with up to 5 users. You’ll get access to basic features like unlimited Git repos, Agile tools, exploratory testing, release management and more. You can also add unlimited users for free who are able to view team dashboards, view backlog & portfolio planning, and create & edit work items.
For growing teams, there are additional non-commitment monthly user plans available for additional team members. Find out more here.
New features and updates are introduced to Azure DevOps every 3 weeks. Users will receive new features before they are rolled up into an update to the on-premises Team Foundation Server product. The release notes for each deployment is available by RSS feed and is summarized into a Release Archive available here.
It is recommended to use the azure-devops tag along with the specific product area tags:
We have channels that you can also voice your concerns, FAQs, documentation and submit an idea: