For questions about GitLab, an open source Git repository manager with issue tracking, wiki and continuous integration facilities.
GitLab is open source software to collaborate on code. It can be considered an open source self hosted github, but GitLab.com also provides git hosting in the way GitHub does, and you can also have private repositories for free.
GitLab has the following features:
- Code management
- Merge requests
- Issue tracking
- Code review
- Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Fine grained access controls
- Advanced LDAP synchronization
- Email Alerting Service
There are three versions available for GitLab:
- Community Edition (CE)
- Enterprise Edition Starter (EES)
- Enterprise Edition Premium (EEP)