What are the things that should I investigate for making an estimate of the cost of deploying 1000 instances of Drupal, for example?
I was thinking in:
- Database space
- Database usage (in ops/second? how can I test it?)
- Application uploads space
- Application processing time (again, how to measure?)
- Bandwidth usage (for medium/low traffic sites)
- DevOps / Technical Support time
This is all about bringing a SaaS platform. Is there anything else I should take in consideration?
How can I know how many "instances" would be able to run in a single host? Much like a Shared Hosting
Would Amazon EC2 / Google / Azure be cheaper than having dedicated servers?