I'm very new to DevOps but I'm trying to learn some of it a bit. I'm working with Terraform, trying to get a service to run on AWS using Fargate and Docker. I've successfully set up my ECR repositories, and I walked through this tutorial on getting a service set up in Fargate. However, I'm having a bit of a problem. When I walked through the tutorial, everything worked more or less fine (there were some small issues but it was mostly pilot error), but when I tried to deploy my own application everything kind of exploded, and I can't figure out why.
- The error I'm getting is 502 Bad Gateway.
- The application is a Java Spring application with embedded Tomcat. I haven't changed any run configurations from the default Spring config.
- I am able to build and Dockerize my application locally and run it through Docker on my local machine and everything works fine.
- The only changes from the tutorial code (linked above) that I made was changing the Docker image and changing the app_port from 3000 to 8080 (I also enabled Access Logging and added an S3 bucket for that purpose)
- The application has some auth security enabled, and when I try to hit the LB I get a login screen, so I know at least my Docker image is being pulled correctly
- One of the errors in the task logs of my ECS instances says something about failing a health check, although I'm not able to figure out anything more than that.
To be honest I'm a total newbie at DevOps anything so I have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone point me in some direction to help me get started?